Last chance to buy AGM tickets! Book now for the best price available. We are all looking forward to seeing you on May 9. Have a look at the basic info and schedule below:
We recommend downloading these apps:
- Uber (and/or Lyft) – and link your credit card to it.
- Google Maps – this is instrumental in navigating the city.
Tip: you can download the map of New York city so you can use it even when not connected to the Internet.
Arrival at Airport (JFK)
As those of you who have visited in the past understand, very few of us here in New York own cars. Combined with our interest in keeping down the price of your attendance, we kindly ask you to choose one of the following options when traveling to/from JFK International Airport:
- Taxi/Uber – Available at all terminals. Taxi’s charge a flat fee of $52 ($56.50 at peak hours of 4pm-8pm). Please note this does not include tips or toll charges. Ubers generally cost $50-$70 prior to tip/toll charges.
- AirTrain – Available at all terminals. Follow the signs to the Airtrain, and ensure you board a Jamaica Center bound train. Airtrain tickets are $5.00 and may be purchased at Jamaica Center when you arrive. From Jamaica you have the option of taking the Subway – E Train ($2.75, approximately 35 minutes to central Manhattan, or the Long Island Rail Road (approximately 20 minutes to central Manhattan). If you are staying at Club Quarters, the subway (E train) from Jamaica goes directly to the World Trade Center.
- NOTE Do not accept any offers for taxi in the airport. These are typically fraudulent or illegal taxis and could end up charging you hundreds of dollars. Instead, book Uber/Lyft with your phone, or follow signs in the airport to the Taxi Stand.
Thursday, May 9
All Day: Arrivals
8:00PM – Secrets abound in the evening welcome party at a traditional Speakeasy.
We will meet each other at Blind Barber in the East Village. People who are registered will be on the entry list.
Friday, May 10
11:00AM – See the sights! Guided walking tour around Manhattan, including Wall Street, Stock Exchange, Chinatown, Greenwich Village and Midtown. We’ll stop for lunch along the way and this tour may include a surprise at Grand Central Station. (The cost of lunch is not included in the AGM ticket.)
7:30PM – Getting personal at home hosted dinner parties, followed by a joint event for drinks at a legendary NYC beer hall. Once we close the registration, we will divide everyone up over the available home-hosted parties listed on your itinerary badge. Around 9:30PM, we will go to meet-up at Houston Hall in Greenwich Village.
10:00PM – After-dinner party at Houston Hall, New York’s best effort at an indoor beer hall.
Saturday, May 11
11:00AM – Get your game face on! This morning we will have the AGM and banner meeting at one of our favorite spots in the city.
We will be meeting in the backroom of the Daisy on the Upper East Side.
7:15PM – Suit up! Our black tie Gala will be held in the heart of New York, followed by an after-party for those of us who are still awake.
The gala will start at 7:15 at View of the World (Rooftop of Club Quarters World Trade Center) so don’t be late!
Grilled Asparagus Salad (roasted shaved asparagus, romaine, pickled shallots, croutons, parmesan, sherry vinaigrette)
- CHOICE OF ONE ENTRÉE
x Fire Roasted Vegetable Risotto (arborio rice, roasted cauliflower, baby carrots (add chicken or shrimp)
x Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon (seasonal preparation)
x Herbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin (Seasonal preparation)
New York Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
coffee and tea service
Sunday, May 12
11:00AM – Sunday brunch on the famous Stone Street will be organized for one final hoorah. (The cost of brunch is not included in AGM ticket.)
Goodbyes are tough and you will be missed. But next year is only a year away!
Follow our Facebook event page for updates and other exciting content!